India business worst is behind
- JLR has endured a turbulent operating environment over the last two years, led by a troika of adverse macro, product mix and market mix.
- Some of the aforementioned challenges, particularly on product/market mix, are likely to ease based on product pipeline visibility and initiatives undertaken by JLR in China.
- JLR's product pipeline is dominated by LR, with four of the five new product launches over the next 2-3 years coming from the LR brand. LR's contribution is already improving since 2QFY20.
- In China, JLR has been focused on (a) reducing inventory (now at lowest levels since 2017), (b) improving dealer profitability and (c) brand-led pull strategy. JLR has been outperforming its peers in China since Jul'19.
- JLR's cost-cutting initiatives have started reflecting in P&L, with GBP0.5b of the targeted GBP1b of cost savings achieved till Sep'19 and the balance GBP0.5b on track to be achieved in 2HFY20. On the investment side, it has cut capex and working capital by GBP1.7b till Sep'19.
View: With inventory under control and signs of green shoots, the worst of the CV cycle appears to be behind, although the recovery would be gradual.
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.